Friday, September 23, 2011

Improvisation Class

We started our Improvisation Cycle with Mike and Laura from Freestyle Repertory Theater today!


We learned the two key rules of improv:
1) Always say YES.
2) Always make your partner look good.


To practice these rules, we learned "Pass It," our weekly warm-up game.


We also played the Present Game. You pick up an imaginary present, and you give it to your partner. Your partner has to say YES to your present and make up what it is. You say YES to your partner and make them look good by agreeing with them and adding on details about your present. Presents ranged from folded-up cars to specks of dust!




Teach your family one of the improv games. What did you try? How did it go? 

2 comments:

  1. awsome, good posing madison


    -Hadi(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think my family wants me to teach them improv and if I do I know it won't go so well


    -Hadi

    ReplyDelete