Saturday, May 19, 2012

Poetry Month: Day 19 (by Arya)

I chose " The Plan"by Nikki Grimes because I think it has a lot of meaning and when you read it, you can actually see it happening in front of you. Once you read this poem, you might also cry!

The Plan

A boy got shot
At school last month
My knees still knock
At the memory.
What makes somebody
Want to shoot,to kill?
"It's hate," says Blue.
"And fear. One
Holds the gun
While the other
Pulls th trigger.
When you're bigger,
You'll understand."
Well, I don't plan
On hating anyone.
But fears already
Scratching at my door,
Which means
I got one down
And one to go.
So, Mister Fear,
If you're listening,
You must be leaving
Now.
-by Nikki Grimes



1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, this poem makes me stop and think. I wonder about the title, and I hope the speaker's plan never changes. Great choice, Arya.

    ReplyDelete