Thursday, May 17, 2012

Poetry Month: Day 21 (by Malinee)

I chose It's Raining Pigs and Noodles because it was really funny and it really had a good sound to it. I also chose it because it's very interesting because you wouldn't think of it.

It's raining pigs and noodles,
it's pouring frogs and hats,
chrysanthemums and poodles,
bananas,brooms,and cats.
Assorted prunes and parrots
are dropping from the sky,
here comes a bunch of carrots,
some hippopotami.

It's raining pens and pickles,
and eggs and silverware.
A flood of figs and nickels
is falling through the air.
I see a swan, a sweater,
a clock, a model train--
I like this so much better
than when it's raining rain. 
 -by Jack Prelutsky




2 comments:

  1. It's funny to think about a kind of rain that could be better than "raining rain!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not like that to happen in real life. That would not have been very pleasant.



    -Arya

    ReplyDelete