Saturday, May 5, 2012

Poetry Month: Day Five (by Gerrit)

I chose one of my poems because I'm wanting to see how my poems do. I also want to share my thoughts. I chose

   the Last Time.
by Gerrit

  There  over there look my cat she's so sick
           SO sick we must put her to sleep
  she's skinny,soft,super sick
               Can I help her?
      But quick look the cage if I turn one more page she'll be gone so I will not do it

      But life will continue slowly forever for everyone
                  here is where I feel week
   can I save her can I? ''Does she have to go'' I say''Yes '' is all I hear

 This is the time the cage is waiting,wrestling,to keep the cat in.Her paw comes through a hole
I grabbed it like life wishing I would never have to let go.''BAM LOCK''
 
 the door is shut parting us forever.





             And forever is never!


1 comment:

  1. Your poem expresses powerful feelings. I think memories help us reach out and grab the "paws" of our loved ones. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Gerrit.

    ReplyDelete