Saturday, May 26, 2012

Poetry Month: Day 26 (by Asa)

I chose "The Whitesmith" because it is one of my favorite poems that I have written.

The Whitesmith

I am the whitesmith,
I work all day,
smelting,
burning,
hammering away.
It's hard work, I do agree.
I burned my hand,
as you can see.
One false move around the pit,
but I tell customers,
to steer clear of it.

I am the whitesmith,
I work all day.
I may work all night,
but I get good pay.
I work with a partner of very unique type.
My work-wear is white with brown stripes.

            I am the whitesmith,
              and I love my job.


         By: Asa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Asa,
    I enjoyed hearing you recite this poem on the day I visited your shop in Cobbletown. You found an interesting way to share the experience of a whitesmith!
    - Catherine (Jake's mom)

    ReplyDelete