Monday, May 7, 2012

Poetry Month: Day Seven (by Parker)

I chose "When I Saw a Squirrel" because it made me really study the squirrel. It seemed a little bit funny because when the squirrel looked up at me I could really get an idea out of my mind of how to make a poem out of it. And I love writing poems about things I see!

When I Saw a Squirrel
When I saw a squirrel I was very calm and
normal I snuck up to it, And didn't say a word.
I wanted to track it, so I (made long lines), but
that was not possible. Well never mind, and
as we act like local snoops, and please don't scream,
because I don't want to fall out of a tree.
-by Parker

                                     
                                       

1 comment:

  1. Your poem makes me think about the ordinary things around us -- squirrels, pigeons, trees, etc. -- that we sometimes don't really notice. I'm glad you stopped to take a good look at a squirrel and to see it in a new way!

    ReplyDelete